Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Secret

So today in my marketing class we watched a movie called "The Secret." I don't know if you've ever heard of it but it's a movie about how you control your happiness and everything that happens to you by your attitude and outlook on life because the universe can sense it and blah, blah, blah. Well it's a load of bull because I was all set for happiness while watching that movie. I was telling myself "Yeah, you know what they're right! I can control this!"

The movie ended and so did class which made me even happier. And then.... I lost in solitare. Not ideal but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. After losing 123 times in solitare, I decided to stop/quit. A little quitting here and there never hurt anybody, right?

My next class had began and it bored me to tears but it was over before I could say, "Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän." (that's the longest word in German, ps). Michelle and I went back to the dorms and tried to print off our itineraries but they treat the computer labs like FBI headquarters and you can't get in without passing a background check and a physical fitness test. I didn't have time for either of those so we didn't get anything printed off.

I started to walk back to my room when I realized I didn't have my key. My teacher said that the movie we watched could change my life if I let it. I thought he meant for the better! Damn... That's the last time I ever pay attention in class!

I thought it would just be easier to kick my door down instead of playing translator downstairs at the front desk but I LUCKILY got the only man who speaks English to help me! My luck doesn't make sense since I was being negative the entire time... Clue number 436 that the movie I watched is a hoax. We opened my door and I was all set. I only had to promise to give him my first born (sucks for him).

I had to do laundry today so once I got back into my room I packed all of my nasty clothes into my suitcase and since ALL of the washers at my dorm are broken and since there are no dryers there at all, I decided to go to the laundromat with Michelle. I had a lot of laundry. I figured I'd use 2 washers and 2 dryers because people had told me how the dryers don't always get their clothes dry at this place. What I didn't realize was that there are 2 different sizes of washers and dryers. I, of course, asked for 2 large washers and 2 large dryers. I guess I thought I had a family of 15 that had just spent the day outside in the mud... $26.00 later, here I am. Broke and ashamed that I paid that much for clean laundry. I don't even like half of my clothes! I could have bought a whole new wardrobe for $26.00. Ah, the perks of being a foreigner (cizinec).

I'll keep you posted on how the rest of my day goes. At least this laundromat has wireless and I haven't been mugged even a little bit so that's nice. I should have asked for a medium washer and dryer. Do you think they have those? It doesn't make sense that they go from small to large like that. Why's the universe so secretive?

No comments:

Post a Comment